Wednesday, October 13, 2010

63*


:: four people ::
:: twelve months ::
::  september edition::

september was... challenging.  

while august was filled with the possibility of change, september was filled with the reality of transition.

while i do not want to rehash specifics... lord knows, i do not want to live through a few of the moments ever again... 

what i will share is, september was filled with::

me saying and doing the wrong thing (more than i can ever remember)
me apologizing to my family and myself.. a lot.
a lot of crying... by all of the long girls.
beautiful happy moments (one of which is pictured above)
lots of bike riding (crazy awesome - not at all a bad thing)
lots of saying "oops!"
only filling up the gas tank once
craigslist
garden digging
free flower seeds
rain
time with denver friends (so grateful for them)
soup.... lots and lots of soup.
street musicians and street magicians
a date with my mary - complete with a kite, a diner, a mini shopping cart and hearing "this is the best day of my life, mom!"
french press coffee
spiders - everywhere!
a windfall of free apples and plums
feeling the seasons shift
feeling inadequate
potty training for one little girl and starting school for the other
full moon praising
lots of singing and snuggling and sighing.

the picture above was taken towards the end of the month during a family bike ride to the market... funny that we cling to each other and to the sign that tells us to "let it all go"...  i can only let go when i know i have them.  

my family is what kept me somewhat sane during this transition.  their love, their humor, their consistency of being wonderfully imperfect - yet - oh so perfect to me - kept me grounded while i tried so desperately to "let it all go."

september was tough... no joke.   but as always, challenging times =  heightened appreciation for the sweetness in life.  

here is to a beautiful october.... so far, its been awesome!

xo.
jen

* inspired by tara