Monday, November 30, 2009

19*

coffee-1
** glad that i captured sophie's juice cup.. i love looking back and remembering magical everday moments.. this morning she enjoyed fresh beet and red cabbage juice...YUM she said.. smiling at me wearing a ruby red smile!!**

this was my one quiet moment of the day... (other than now).
coffee... argh...not sure i want to start drinking you again.. never been a dedicated coffee drinker, but these days i seem to need a cup or two mid-day...

in the moment i took this picture above i was thinking of good reasons to get a flip... mainly, i want it for documenting the half marathon on the 13th.. sunday i ran the last 7 miles with my friend amber.. also known in my house as the workout goddess and my girls' favorite big friend...
anyway... it was raining, #1 reason - it hasn't rained in forever (ok, months, but feels like forever)... double full rainbow to my right(#2)... clouds parting allowing for illumination of pusch ridge on my left(#3)... raindrops falling onto my nose and exploding into fractals of light (#4)... rain shimmering on cholla so it appears to be covered in diamonds (#5)... running the 7 miles (#6)... feeling like i could go another 7 miles(#s 7 &8)... anyway.. a flip would be nice...

on another note... as i was running this past sunday, i noticed two things...
**1** the first 2 miles are the hardest. after the first mile i usually really want to quit... i mean every part of me screams STOP! i want to curl up on my sofa with a book and a glass of wine... i want my pajamas, my bed and my husband to curl up next to.. i want a bowl of chocolate chip ice cream and a hot bath... this is where my mind goes... but... i maintain.. i find my groove... i breathe deeper... turn up the shins or ani on the ipod and... i smile!
**2** smiling through the pain turns discomfort into pleasure.. really. yes really. i am a smiling fool on the roads... sunday i started laughing... seriously pain into pleasure.

ok.. i know.. it kinda sounds like a metaphor for life... i won't go there here.. but yeah... i made that connection.

enjoy a cozy evening and smile lovlies...